Saturday, February 8, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* getting the rest of the Christmas stuff put away (in bins.) It's taken a while to put everything away, but at least it's organized for next year. 
* going to Cut Ups to get my hair cut. I've needed to do this for a while, my hair was so long and the ends really needed to be trimmed. Heather, my stylist, was awesome! She's a mom of two boys and she's really into fitness. We were talking about different gyms/fitness centers in the area. Her brother owns Dragon Gym so I'm going to check out their yoga and maybe even martial arts classes. I enjoyed talking with her and my hair looks much healthier now that a few inches were trimmed off. 
* finding a cute basket at TJ Maxx for magazines. 
Maybe I'll actually start reading some of the magazines that pile up around here
* making tomato basil soup in the Crock-Pot, and fresh salsa, guacamole & a chicken fajita dip for apps later.
* Jenn & Paul coming over for drinks and apps before going out to McKenzie's. We had a nice time talking and catching up. The chicken fajita dip (chicken, peppers, onions & cheese) came out really good!
* good times at McKenzie's to celebrate Beckman's birthday. We spent most of the time downstairs playing shuffleboard. I was horrible but still had fun! 
Fun times at McKenzie's in Malvern!
* trying to be as comfortable as possible with the way things are with Adrienne & me. I really hate that things have turned out like this but after a couple of years, I realize I have to let it go. I tried to make things better, I tried to make it so we could still be friends on some level, but it didn't work. When we are in each other's company because we have mutual friends, it always causes me some uneasiness. Tonight I was thankful Jenn & Paul were there, and I was able to have a really good time anyway. 
* hanging out for a while when we got home.  I showed Jenn around the house, finished making the soup, and for the most part cleaned up the kitchen while we talked and snacked on the leftover apps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment