Thursday, February 20, 2014

My New Year

I think establishing goals in the beginning of the year, otherwise known as New Year's Resolutions, makes them very hard to stick with. I tend to still be in "holiday" mode on New Year's Day. We're still eating, drinking and being merry. We still have company lingering and a messy house. For me, it's not a time to commit to change. I need to ease into the New Year---think about new beginnings, goals and what I'd like to change moving forward. 

I tend to think of my birthday as my very own "New Year". My birthday is February 12th, so it's still pretty early in the year. By then, things have had a chance to settle down from the holidays and the social calendar tends to be on the lighter side. For me, it's a good time to focus on my goals for the next year. A lot of these goals carry over from year to year because I have trouble sticking with things like exercise and eating right. 

This year, my goal list is lengthy. I know they say pick a few things and focus on them and then find new ones to work towards. I decided to list them all out here, and will work on reaching a couple each month. Some are general, some are specific. I know if I work towards these goals throughout the year, I will be a better wife, friend, sister and daughter.  I will be a happier, healthier and more fit person. I will enjoy more success when it comes to work and business. Those are areas in which I think we can all improve, and I look forward to seeing how I grow over the next year. 


2014 Goals:

Nutrition/Eating Habits
Drink a minimum of 60oz of water every day
Start juicing 3-4 times/week
Plan weekly meals on Sundays
Keep a daily food journal
Try 3 new vegetarian recipes/month
Take vitamins/probiotics every day 
Use Vita-Mix at least 1x/week
Make one day/week meatless (Feb.)

Exercise/Wellness
Meditate/Quiet Time 10 minutes/day
Get up by 6:30am 5x a week
Be active everyday, even if it's only 10 min
Start wearing my Invisalign again

Self-Improvement
Read at least 1 book per month 
5-10 min on blog every day
Write one long post per week- (Feb.)
Spend 1 hour a week learning how to use the camera
Organize clothes- figure out what to get rid of 

Relationships
Send 1 card each week
Spend more quality time with Andy, less computer/iPad time at night
Call one friend each week, stop relying on texting so much 

SLOW DOWN AND PAY ATTENTION!




No comments:

Post a Comment