Saturday, March 1, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* deciding to make Andy his family's sour cream pound cake for his birthday. I sort of regretted saying I'd attempt it once I got started---I really just don't enjoy baking the way I do cooking. I think it's the pressure of everything needing to be exact, and knowing if you mess up one little thing the recipe might not come out right. I gave it a try and was thrilled when Andy told me the cake was as good as his mom's and grandmom's. 
* using a Living Social deal for a body detox treatment and massage at Lansdale Health & Wellness. The detox was pretty cool- it was an organic oil and herb body mask. The massage was pretty good too although no where near the best I've had. 
* a quick stop at Baja Fresh for a late lunch. There isn't one around us and I have gift cards to use there so I tend to stop when I'm near one. 
* Andy cleaning up the kitchen while I was out. He iced the cake and did all of the dishes. We ran out to (our favorite), Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a cake plate. Then came back and I started getting everything ready for dinner. 
* Laura & Win and Rachel & Rob coming over for a little birthday get together for Andy. I served pulled pork, roasted potatoes, green beans almondine, meatballs and small butter rolls. We had drinks and a really nice dinner. I love our new dining room table (now that the correct model was delivered.)
* singing Happy Birthday to Andy and serving the cake I made this morning. Laura & Win left after cake and Rachel & Rob hung out for a while. It was nice talking with them and catching up by the fire in the family room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment