Monday, March 31, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* talking with John this morning about the magazine and what I can start working on. 
* L'Occitane extending my 20% off coupon and giving me the discount on the products I ordered last night. 
* catching up with Megan this afternoon. I'd really love to get back down there. 
* Andy coming home for lunch---we finished up the lunch meat and rolls from yesterday. 
* going to Pier1 Imports in Paoli to check out the side table for our foyer area I found online last night. Finally, I think I found the one! I really liked it in the store and ordered it. Hopefully it looks great in that space. 
Could this be the one?!?

* making plans with Kerry to watch the HIMYM finale tonight. I've been so excited for the finale and I was happy to be able to watch it with them. I made a chicken taco dip to bring with us. We got there around 8pm and had pizza and the dip for dinner. Around 8:30 we started watching. 


My thoughts on the finale:
"I think it was exactly what it should have been. No cheese, and brought everything together. I loved it and can't think of asking for them to do anything else. For those who "hated" it, what would have made you happy with the ending assuming you can't undo the other episodes this season that were less than stellar? They let Barney be Barney, (the George Clooney analogy was perfect.) They also showed Ted loved his wife fiercely before she got sick and died. He waited 6 years to tell his kids the story, and they saw how much he loved Robin. I can't think of anything I would have wanted them to change. What ever you think about this last season, it was a fantastic show and it will be very hard to replace. I feel the same way I felt when friends ended."
This is a show I am so happy Andy & I started watching a few years ago on Netflix. It gave us many laughs but always managed to pull at your heart strings just a little bit as well. I am glad we were able to watch the last season in real time. I thought they did a great job with the ending, and I've been surprised by all of the backlash. I typically expect to hate the ending of shows after they've been on the air for so long, but I believe they got this one right. I really am sad to say goodbye to this show. 
* the end of March finally arriving. So over this winter, cold weather, dry skin, clouds and being cold all.the.time. I am looking forward to walks outside, outdoor concerts, BBQ's, enjoying our new house, backyard and neighborhood, and not having the heat running constantly. Good riddance March, hello April!

No comments:

Post a Comment