Friday, February 5, 2010

Take me back...Stay with me...

Lately I've created a whole bunch of projects for myself---I think it's because I feel like I need to do everything I've wanted to do while I have some extra time since now that I'm in school. Soon enough I'll be teaching and won't have as much time.

I've spent a few long days in my Mom's office scanning alllllll of my pictures from when I was little through the end of college. I realize how lucky we are to have digital cameras these days! I've scanned thousands of pictures and now I'm trying to organize them by years. Somehow I can remember when the majority of them were taken from about 6th grade on.

Looking through all of these pictures got me thinking, I've had a really good life so far. I've had a lot of fun! I've been to amazing places, I've met amazing people and I love being on the go. These pictures have triggered so many memories, and at times have made me sad about the people I was once so close to that are no longer in my life (for one reason or another.)

My goal is to make a photo book of my first 30 years, so I guess my deadline can be about a year from now. It's amazing to me how moments in time come back to you when you look through pictures. Photos take you back, and they allow the memories to stay with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment