Sunday, February 19, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* Gino's for lunch with Andy. (Shhh-don't tell the following; everyone I try to help by teaching them everything I know about eating healthy, Kris Carr, Rip Esselton, Debbie) :-)
* running errands with Andy; it was nice just to go out together even if it was to the grocery store, the mall and Bed, Bath & Beyond. I do think that could be my favorite store!
* my love for cooking. I made a roasted chicken in my Le Creuset Dutch Oven with stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli and carrots. The gravy came out great and I didn't have to add anything except cornstarch to thicken it. It took over 3 hrs from start to finish but the end result was worth it!
* Jeff, Megan and the kids and Mom Roth coming over for dinner. I loved having everyone here and they all loved dinner which makes the cook happy. :-)
* making ice cream sundaes for Jeffrey & James.
* watching "The Worst Cooks in America" on Food Network. I can't fathom being that bad at cooking. *It's given us some laughs and there's actually a lot you can learn from the show, even if you cook already.
* ordering my new food processor!! I'm so excited!! I didn't think I needed one since I have the Vita-Mix but I need something that shreds and slices. I can't wait for it to get here!
* the arrival of Tim & Kristen's baby boy! We found out today they had a boy last night, not a girl like they thought! What a cool surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! You are allowed to splurge on something unhealthy now and then - God knows I do! There's PLENTY of vegan unhealthy stuff out there. You do amazing all of the other days :)

    ReplyDelete