Saturday, March 10, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* breakfast with Mom & Dad. Fresh fruit and french toast, yum!
* checking out the book sale at West Windsor-Plainsboro library. It was incredible! I bought a few books for myself and a few as gifts.
* lunch with Mom & Dad at Hot Wok. They had great lo mein!
* a really great massage at Angel's Touch in Hamilton. It was a Living Social find and it did not disappoint.
* shopping with Mom at The Shoppes at Hamilton. I bought a few new cute dresses for work at Kohl's. I can't wait for Spring!!
* finally watching Food Inc. Even though I've exposed myself to a lot of information about our food, the food industry, etc. I've always dreaded seeing it. The thing is, I new most of what I saw during the film. What I didn't realize was how messed up the laws are and how companies like Monsanto are royally screwing over farmers! I was infuriated. "How can our government let this happen?" I thought to myself...well, the lobbyists pay off the congressmen, congress appoints the FDA personnel which so happen to come from the big conglomerates and companies like Monsanto. How's that for a sick triangle? I really couldn't believe all of this is happening and nothing is being done. FOUR companies control the majority of the foods and brands in supermarkets. I had no idea Stacy's chips and Kashi were bought out and are no longer their own brands. There is so much for all of us to learn, which I have been doing for years. Now, I really want to do something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment