Thursday, March 15, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* Dad talking with Darryl and offering to be his temporary sponsor. They are supopsed to go to a meeting together tomorrow. I really hope he can stay sober now that he has a baby to care for. Addiction is the biggest heart breaker.
* being able to go to Andy's mom's house to do my work today (she is in FL.) The workers next door were putting carpet down and it sounded like hammers were going to come through the floors and walls.
* going shopping at the mall after work. I went to try to find a cute green top for tomorrow night. I have come to the conclusion that the only clothes made to fit me are super expensive. I love that I lost a few pounds (and inches!) but clothes shopping has been a pain in the ass. Like I said on Facebook, it would be nice to find clothes that fit that don't break the bank and don't make me feel like I should be 19! I was that girl in Forever 21, Charlotte Russe etc. looking for a cute green top. I felt like every girl in there was looking at me like "what is she doing in here?" It didn't help that I was in yoga pants, sweatshirt and UGG clogs. I did, however, find an awesome pair of yellow shoes to go with my new dress that I bought yesterday. :-)

* making a meatless meal for dinner. I had sauteed spinach, mashed potatoes and applesauce. It was delicious and I didn't miss meat at all. I am obsessed with sauteed spinach these days!
* relaxing tonight; gave myself a much need pedicure, ate dinner, watched American Idol, Grey's & Private Practice and picked out photos for a new frame I bought.
* Mom sending me the funniest picture from when I was little. Dad took me to see Big Bird and when we got there the costume didn't look like Big Bird at all!

You would be making that face too!

2 comments:

  1. I am 41 and refuse to feel weird about going into Forever 21. You ARE forever 21!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the meatless meal! I am obsessed with KALE lately...the bag of cut kale from Trader Joes - put it in my smoothies, in salads, even on hummus sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete