Thursday, August 16, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* the additional donations coming in for "Kelly's Classroom!"
* Andy selling the other Eagles pre-season game. We lose so much money on those tickets, annoying...
* finding out I'll have a few extra vacation days this year because my 1 year anniversary hits before the end of the calendar year. Woohoo!
* the song Father & Daughter by Paul Simon. I really listened to the lyrics today and they gave me chills. 
"I believe the light that shines on you
Will shine on you forever
And though I cant guarantee
Theres nothing scary hiding under your bed
I'm gonna stand guard
Like a postcard of a Golden Retriever
And never leave till I leave you
With a sweet dream in your head 
 


I'm gonna watch you shine
Gonna watch you grow
Gonna paint a sign
So you'll always know
As long as one and one is two
There could never be a father
Who loved his daughter more than I love you" 
* the emails back and forth with Maureen & Debbie about our CA visit. I can't believe it's only a few weeks away, so excited!
* the nice lady at the courthouse today. I went to plead not guilty to the stupid speeding ticket I got last week. She gave me a court date right then and there so I didn't have to wait for the mailed letter to find out when it would be. 
* a great night with Lori & Lorin. We sat outside all night with the candles lit and drank wine, talked and ate some great food. I made a salad and sauteed vegetables with grilled chicken in piccata sauce over quinoa. For dessert I made Tastefully Simple's Chocolate Coconut bars, they were a hit! It was a beautiful night filled with lots of laughs and good company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment