Monday, October 15, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* my speeding ticket (that I got in August) being reduced to a 0-point violation. Honestly, I'm pissed I got the ticket at all. It was a speed trap and the officer that wrote my ticket was literally laughing and joking over walkie-talkie about how many tickets they were writing/people they had pulled over. I have all the respect in the world for police officers who risk their lives for all of us everyday, but to pull someone over going 7 mph over the speed limit and then laughing in their face about it is a little ridiculous. I so badly wanted to say something today to the officer, but feel we, the public, can't say anything. 
* experimenting with a new recipe for dinner. I tried the "better than fried chicken" recipe from Pinterest. It was, um, ok...it looked nothing like the picture and I probably won't make it again. On the bright side, it was healthy and low in fat---so, we had that going for us. 
* Jeff & Megan giving us their futon frame. We are going to buy a new mattress for it and we'll have a place for guests to sleep! Also thankful Jeff drove the van to our house and hung around while we figured out how to get it upstairs (we basically had to take it apart.)


No comments:

Post a Comment