Saturday, October 6, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* a spot opening up for Viki in Tuesday night's photography class at Valley Forge Park.
* Steve sending me the money for his Bruce ticket. I'm really bad about getting ticket money and I easily forget when people owe me for tickets.
* getting up no problem early this morning to drive to Princeton for the UFAR 5k. It was a beautiful morning and I got there early (not common for me.)
* meeting Wendy, one of mom's co-workers. She was so nice and excited to do the race. It was her first one and I found out she's lost a lot of weight over the last year or so, so happy for her!
* being able to run the race after not running for several weeks. Mom & I pretty much stayed together the whole time and finished together too.
* telling the lady that registered me she didn't ask me for the $25 entry fee. She wrote paid on my sheet and I thought I was supposed to pay somewhere else. After I picked up my t-shirt I realized she had confused herself and never asked me for my money. She was very gracious when I told her. Obviously there is no point in running a race for charity if you don't make the donation.
* the adorable t-shirts we got for running the race.

* lunch at the house with Mom & Dad's. We had BLT's (turkey bacon).
* walking around Cranbury for a little bit this afternoon and then going to the LENOX and Crate & Barrel warehouses.
* Kelly deciding to come to NJ tonight. I made guacamole and bruschetta, we got bread from Dolce & Clemente and sat around talking about her teaching experiences so far.
* going to Kohl's with Kelly to find something to wear tomorrow. I found an adorable top, yay! We also picked up gifts for Uncle John.
* having a long talk with Mom, Dad & Kelly about everything going on in our extended family. It hasn't been an easy road, especially for Dad. I am thankful we have a strong foundation and that the four of us are so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment