Thursday, November 15, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* getting my ass out of bed at 6am to wait in line to reserve a palapa. It really wasn't that bad and I met some nice people while waiting. We got a great spot right in front like I had hoped. After I put our towels down I went back to bed for a while.
* my breakfast (grilled cheese) at Scott's Brats. They are a couple from Wisconsin that picked up and moved to Aruba. They sell brats and sausage sandwiches as well as breakfast out of a hut on the beach. I think it's cool how so many people move here. I talked with owners for a bit about moving here and starting a business.
* finishing the Meghan McCain book. I really like learning about her perspective and agree with a lot of what she says. I wish more republicans (elected republicans) were as open as she is. I do believe that most people are in the middle most of the time, why can't the men/women in congress try harder at working together?
* lunch with Andy at Scott's Brats. We each had a sausage with peppers & onions. They were very good.
* learning about a Christmas Party being planned in NJ for families affected by the hurricane. It's on Dec. 8th and I definitely want to volunteer to help that day. I also know now how I can help with making Christmas better for these families. I will help with collecting gifts/gift cards for this event. Everything will go directly to families who need it, and that's what I wanted to do!
* meeting LeeAnn & Dan (from Canada) and Steve & Joanna (from DE). I met LeeAnn in line this morning and then her husband in the morning. They had met Steve & Joanna a few days prior. We ended up spending all afternoon with them. It's such a small world- Andy & Joanna both went to Villanova and graduated the same year. Steve is from Delaware County. We had a great time in the water talking and getting to know each other. Then we went to the pool, went down the slide a couple times, and drank a few beers in the hot tub.
* the six of us deciding to have dinner together. We went to Gianni's and had a fantastic itallian meal. Even better was the company and conversation.
* going to bed early and taking a break from having drinks. My stomach was bothering me (it wasn't that the food was bad, just something wasn't agreeing with me).
* waking up at 1:30am to see Villanova win their game and Andy win $20. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment