Thursday, December 6, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* the meet and greet going well with Sears-Sedgwick today. I think we have real potential to strengthen our relationship with this client and I'm already scheduling to go back in January.
* Bob allowing me to go straight to the hotel after the meeting. It was nice to settle in early, catch up on email and not be running around or driving for hours today.
* talking with Ian for a while about some work stuff (mainly our commissions) and how it will hopefully improve next year.
* an awesome dinner at . It's this little hole in the wall Mexican place in Lisle and it was so good.
* catching up on my personal emails, coming up with some fun Christmas gift ideas and watching Parenthood, Grey's Anatomy, Nashville and Private Practice. Yes, I was a TV junkie tonight and it was wonderful.
* Royal Caribbean being flexible about possibly changing our cruise dates; we're still not sure what we're going to do but at least it's an option.
* finding the blog Single Dad Laughing---he's writing is incredible and he has a story that everyone should read. Maybe we'd all come away being a little less judgmental.
* all of Dad's emails with book suggestions and info on the do-it-yourself MBA. I've gotten into reading non-fiction, especially books like The Turning Point and Outliers. I am trying to focus on sharpening my skills, learning more about business in general and my specific industry/company/product. I have lots of goals for the coming year and I'm trying to lay a foundation over the next month so I can make 2013 a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment