Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* an easy drive from Omaha to Sioux City. It was nice to have Lauren with me for company. We had a great lunch with Great West Casualty at Iron Hill. (Not the same Iron Hill we know from home.)
* listening to Mumford & Sons, Ben Howard and Phil Phil throughout my almost 4 hour drive to Des Moines. It was pretty boring but I did get to see lots of cows and barrels of hay. I'd imagine the farmland is beautiful when it's green.
* talking with Kelly this afternoon. She called to talk about a few things and it made me feel good she called me to talk things out with. We also talked about some more wedding stuff and her bachelorette party. I can't believe it's less than 6 months away. My baby sister is going to be a Mrs.!
* a good workout at the fitness center. I did the interval program on the treadmill for about 40 minutes, then some weights, lunges and a few minutes of yoga.
* grabbing a few things at the mall and Target in case I get stuck here because of the snowstorm. I'm out of clothes! (The one time I don't over pack, oh well...)
* the nice server at The Cheesecake Factory. It wasn't my first choice but it was at the mall. I only had an order of bruschetta and a soda. She was very friendly and attentive---I always appreciate servers that treat me well even when I'm dining alone. I left her a 40% tip because of it.
* getting everything for tomorrow's meeting at Target tonight so I don't have to run around in the morning.
* spending some time looking at different musician's websites and thinking of shows I want to see this summer.
* seeing Dido on Jimmy Kimmel and learning she has a new album coming out in March. I love her and hope she tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment