Thursday, February 28, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* a wonderful visit with Bern and Grant today. I went to her house for lunch (although we ended up talking the whole time and not even eating, haha). Gosh, I kind of forgot how much alike we are and how much I enjoy her company. It's been years, I think almost 5 years, since I last saw her. I don't even know how that is possible. I know it was before Andy's dad passed away, before she got married, before I got married, etc. Crazy! Anyway, we filled each other in on everything that's happened since then and talked about friendship and what our lives are like these days and jobs and a million other things. It was so great and we vowed to make sure too much time doesn't pass us by again. I also loved meeting her sweet baby Grant. He's gorgeous and so good. So glad they live close by and can't wait to hang out again.
* fitting in a workout on the elliptical before we left for Andy's birthday dinner. We tied for this month, I couldn't let him beat me again!
* a fantastic dinner at Fleming's with Andy and Mom Roth. Our waiter was very nice and the food was excellent. There is definitely something to be said for the steak in Texas---our steaks tonight were good but there was a difference. The bread, salad and dessert were all really good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment