Saturday, March 16, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* going to the Lucky Leprechaun race to watch Jeffrey & James run in the kids race. It was fun to see everyone dressed up for St. Patty's Day. Megan won 2nd place in the 30-39 age group and Jeff & Jeffrey won raffle prizes. It was a beautiful morning too!
* going to Sundari Yoga for a class this morning. I was going back and forth about buying a package. I wish I knew they were here when I first got here on Monday! I ended up buying a 10 pack, assuming we'll be back down in April or the fall. I was the only one that showed up for class so I got to experience a private class. It wasn't exactly a private lesson because she didn't really adjust me or critique my form (she did watch and guide me through most of the 2nd half instead of doing the poses along with me.) Still, it was a different experience being the only one there. Jean was very nice and I'm looking forward to going back there again. I definitely need to make sure I continue incorporating yoga. Lately every time I take a class I feel like I'm starting over. Yoga is also how I got skinny in 2011, everything else I'm doing isn't producing the results yoga produced when I was practicing 4-5 times a week.
* going to the beach for a little while even though it was breezy and chilly. I only stayed for a half hour or so but at least I can say I was there with a bathing suit on. The sun Gods didn't want me getting a tan on this trip. (Kind of kidding, I use so much sunblock now I rarely get tan anyway.)
* reading more of a book I started a while ago called "Stories from a Teacher" by Jonathan Flores. He tells great short stories that are raw and honest about teaching high school English in D.C.
* going to Milliken's near Port Canaveral. They had a great outside area with sand for the kids to play in. We met Megan's friends Millie & Daniel for apps and drinks. It was a bit chilly in the shade but the heat lamps helped a lot, (so did a few glasses of wine.)
* helping Jeff make S'mores with the boys for their "camping" trip in the backyard. Jeff made a small fire pit and we roasted marshmallows. The fire didn't last too long because we didn't have real firewood but it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment