Friday, March 15, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* spending a lot of the morning outside in the backyard.
* going out with Meg, the kids and Mom Roth to run errands. What could be more fun than going to Lowe's, Wal-Mart, The Dollar Tree & Wendy's? I bought the kids cute St. Patty's Day glasses and the adults St. Patty's Day lays.
* finally starting the 21-Day Meditation Challenge. I went to the beach and was annoyed because I thought the download wasn't working on my phone. After restarting it a few times it finally worked. For some reason I thought it would be a guided mediation the whole time. I liked listening to Deepak speaking, and tried to "clear my mind" during the mediation part. It was challenging but I did get something out of it. It helped that I was on the beach, listening to the ocean. I am interested to see how meditating progresses for me.
* going for an awesome run tonight! I ran for 3.3 miles, my furthest yet! I gave myself a point where I'd be "allowed" to walk, and when I got there I felt I could keep going. From that point I ran for almost an extra mile. I'm not focused on speed yet, I just want to be able to keep increase distance and the overall time I can run. I was really proud of myself tonight!
* Mom Roth treating us to Slow N Low. I had the pulled turkey with mashed potatoes and baked beans. I also sauteed some spinach to go with it. Everything was so good!
* talking with KB tonight. He updated me on Jenn's work situation and explained what's going on with her heart. He was so calm and it sounds like they are working with really good doctors. They are going to be in FL the first week in April so we'll get to see them if we come down. They're also planning on coming to DMB @ Camden with Julie so that will be fun!
* talking with Andy for a while tonight. He's the best for telling me to come down here to get away for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment