Friday, June 28, 2013

---

I have gratitude today for...
* waking up so excited for this weekend! I've been waiting for this weekend for months. It felt like Christmas morning and Santa is bringing my friends! 
* getting to the office early and getting a lot done this morning. John picked up pizza and we had lunch in the conference room. 
* finishing up my work day at our house. Craig & Debbie arrived around noon and then the rest of the troops starting arriving shortly after. (Popejoy, Julie, KB & Jenn.) We took two cars down to Camden and sat through crappy traffic but our drive with KB & Jenn was fun anyway. 
* a great time tailgating in the lots even thought it was raining the entire time. We made the best of it---put up some umbrellas, ate our Primos sandwiches and had an awesome time hanging out with everyone. 
* finding Eric & Garrett Haltmeier to give them their tickets and talking with them for a while. It was great to talk music with them and to see how excited Garrett was for the show. I got this text from Eric right before the show started and it made my night. "Thank you SO much for our seats. They are great! And, there seem to be servers here taking food & drink orders! This is awesome for me and Garrett...thank you!"
* Steve finally finding us in the lots just before 8pm. We talked for a few minutes, gave them the tickets and walked into the show together. They were thrilled with the seats and had a great time. I was happy the band played Big Eyed Fish because Steve was hoping to hear that one. They don't play it very often. 
* having the best time sitting with Craig & Debbie. Andy found us great seats in Sec 103, Row G a few days ago and they were perfect. I really enjoyed the show even though I found out later most people didn't. I was so happy they played The Space Between and Granny. Jess & John came down to our seats for a few songs and I had fun dancing with Jess & Christina. 
* going to Steve & Karen's seats for the encore break and #34- as soon as they started Granny I had to get back to our seats but it was fun to see them for a few minutes. They were having a great time. 
* remembering LeRoi's last show 5 years ago today. I wasn't originally supposed to go and made a last minute decision to drive down to Matias & Jen's house to meet up with Popejoy & Andrea. It was a great show and I'm glad I was there. 
* a fun time hanging out for a while after the show with everyone. I decided to go to bed around 2am because I still have so much to do for tomorrow in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment