Saturday, June 29, 2013

---

I have gratitude today for...
* eating and drinking water when we got home from the show last night. I felt great this morning when I got up. 
* heading out early with Debbie to Produce Junction. I knew she'd be in awe when we got there. Sometimes it's hard for me to shop there for just Andy & me because we can't use everything up fast enough. For today's BBQ, it was perfect!! We got pineapple, oranges, lemons, potatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, squash, garlic and red, orange and green peppers. Grand total- $45. Crazy! We also went to ACME for some odds and ends, to the liquor store for tequila and triple sec for fresh margaritas, and the bagel place in Bryn Mawr. I enjoyed Debbie's company and the time we had in the car to talk and catch up. 
* all of my helpers in the kitchen when we got back. Everyone pitched in chopping and slicing and peeling, etc. Kevin made an awesome pineapple salsa and I made the bruschetta, guacamole and potato salad. 
* Gregg & Erica doing most of the food shopping for today. It worked out perfectly because I was finished in the kitchen and they were able to do their thing while I made margaritas in the Vita-Mix. Gregg was a huge help in making everything come together for the BBQ today, it was fun working with him and the spread was absolutely amazing. I wish I had a picture! The menu included: grilled shrimp, salsas & guacamole, grilled chicken, sausage & peppers, bruschetta, potato salad, mixed greens salad, cucumber & tomato salad w/feta and grilled veggies. 
* Popejoy bringing a batch of fresh salsa---it was spicy but really good. 
* making the fresh margaritas in the Vita-Mix. I didn't use any mix, just tequila, triple sec, limes, lemons, oranges and some sugar. They came out great and were a big hit!
* finding a little time to sit on the deck to eat some of the yummy food and chatting with Scott, Ron & Kim. The day went by so quickly and I didn't mind I was mostly in the kitchen, but I wanted to feel like I got to spend time with our company as well. 
* a fun time singing in the living room while Popejoy, Ben & Gregg took turns playing the guitar. Nothing makes this girl happier than someone playing the guitar with a bunch of friends singing along. 
* being able to fit everyone between the shuttle van and the town car. Our drivers were great and we arrived in Camden with time to spare. 
* deciding to buy the Sec 104, Row F seats even though we took a chance on them being too far over. They ended up being great seats and it was lots of fun to sit with Gregg & Erica. 
* one of the best shows I've seen in years!! The crowd had so much energy and the set had tons of classics. It was perfect and it was great to hear that everyone enjoyed the show. I didn't stop moving for the entire 3 hours. Good good times!! I'd love to see that show all over again. Hoping another one similar in VA. 
* singing Happy Birthday to Peacher on the way home from Camden. I've never had a birthday show but so many of our DMB friends have. It's always fun to celebrate someone's birthday on a show day. 
* late night quesadillas after the show. We pulled out all the leftovers and everyone dug in. Afterwards Popejoy played a late night set and we all sang along in the living room till 3am. Such good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment