Thursday, July 4, 2013

---

I have gratitude today for...
* waking up in a country where we have freedoms that so many other people throughout the world do not have. Our country's laws, politics, government etc. are not perfect, but we are very lucky to be able to live basically however we want. 
* getting up early this morning since we went to bed so early last night. I slept great, finally! I made the potato salad and beer bread w/garlic garlic and cheddar cheese. 
* going to the Field Races with Jeff & Megan and the kids. Jeffrey, Molly & James all did great. 
* relaxing on the upstairs deck this afternoon. I read, wrote on my blog, caught up on some emails and took a little nap. It was beautiful up there---not too hot with a breeze.
* choosing to have a plate of veggies to snack on instead of chips or something else unhealthy. I'm still having a hard time getting back into eating healthy and exercising. I need motivation! Maybe Kelly's wedding being 3 weeks away should work!
* meeting up with the Fry's on the beach again. We met some of their friends, I especially enjoyed talking with Patty. It was less windy today and we stayed until almost 6:00
* dinner at the beach house with everyone and then watching the fireworks on the deck. It was a great view over the sound. 
* looking at some more houses online when we got home. Andy found a great one in West Chester that I really like. 
* by Dad celebrating 27 years of sobriety today. He saved his life and our family. I am always thankful we grew up understanding alcoholism and our parents were open with us about it rather than being shielded from it like so many kids are. When I was in high school I met so many new friends who had parents that were also alcoholics, but most were not in recovery. I realized then how different our lives could have been if my Dad wasn't as strong and dedicated to his sobriety and our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment