Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* taking a moment when I work up this morning to remember 9/11. What it felt like that morning, arriving home early because my class was cancelled, and walking into the house to see the horrific scene in NYC on TV. I had turned on the TV to watch 'Rosie' and instead it was coverage from NY. It was devastating and scary and impossible to understand. Every year, I feel the same way. Today I wrote this as my Facebook status, and it's how I've felt every year since that horrible day. 
I feel like I write the same thing every year, as if, when this day arrives, no time has past since the calendar last said 9/11. It really does feel like yesterday---the shock, the fear, the sadness. Yet, we saw hope and love and the greatest humanity has to offer in the minutes, hours and days following the attacks. My thoughts and prayers are especially with those who lost someone that day 12 years ago. And like every day, I am grateful today for those who keep us safe and free.
* having dental insurance again. I went for a cleaning for the first time since last August (embarrassing!) I've been so bad about wearing my Invisalign trays and I was ashamed so I didn't go for my 6 months cleaning in the beginning of 2013. I am getting back on track and was thankful everything looked good. 
* completing Day 2 of the meditation challenge.
* picking up the new tablecloths for Park Power events. They look awesome and will be good for exposure. 
* making tomato basil soup in the crock pot. It came out so good---kind of like Giant's that I love so much but with much less fat. 
* dinner at CJ's house. She made my crock-pot fajita chicken recipe in the crock pot along with sauteed peppers & onions and Mexican rice. 
* watching the first episode of the new X Factor season. There were a few good stories. Especially the 54 yr old woman and the young girl that sang the Carrie song who has a handicap. I'm probably rooting most for the young couple who sang "Toxic". They were awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment