Thursday, September 12, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* doing the elliptical today. I actually enjoyed it because I haven't been on it in a while. Of course I watched Grey's Anatomy while exercising. 
* Vanessa's email today about Kieran. She sent an email out to family & friends to let us know he has been diagnosed with CF. Because of Ben's brother, I know a little about the disease. It's fitting this is the first year Andy & I will actually be able to attend the "We Will Rock CF Event". We've donated in the past, but now it will have a whole new meaning. You could hear her optimism shining through in her email. I can't wait to meet the little guy.
* not really somethig I'm grateful for, but I had to mention the Seaside boardwalk fire. My heart broke for those business owners- just a few months after they were able to get back on their feet from the Hurricane Sandy damage, they had to endure another catastrophe. I guess things like this teach us to be grateful for firefighters and other first responders who risk their lives to save others. And to cherish life's experiences, because you never know when things are going to change.
* getting home earlier than expected from our meeting tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment