Saturday, November 23, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* getting up early to get a head start on things before the movers arrived.
* the movers showing up at 7:30, right on time. They were great! There were 3 guys and they didn't stop. I did not realize how much stuff we really had. It ended up taking them 7 hours! That did include a stop to KOP to pick up Mom-Mom's bedroom furniture.
* Andy picking me up Chinese food for lunch. By the time we got to the new house I was starving.
* Mrs. Roth coming over to see the house. She helped us unpack the kitchen stuff.
By dinnertime we pretty much had the kitchen and family room set up!
* Laura & Win stopping by. They brought a bottle of wine and visited with us for about an hour. It was fun "giving the tour". We're really happy that we'll be closer to them now!
* Mrs. Roth treating us to dinner at The Drafting Room. The three of us each had steak and we all thought the food was excellent! We got the peanut butter pie to go but we were too full and tired to eat it when we got home.
* being able to buy this amazing house. I could write this every day. I am so grateful everything worked out. We've made a fantastic investment and I am so proud of us for being patient. There have been (many) times over the last few years when I was frustrated we hadn't purchased a home yet. The wait was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment