Friday, November 22, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* it finally being CLOSING DAY. Woohoo, soooooo exciting. Of course I hardly slept last night, I was up practically all night. I kept myself occupied until 3am by reading Emily's marriage blog on Philly Mag's website. She is adorable and I could relate to so many things she talks about. She had me laughing out loud a couple times.
* having the Park Power car. Andy packed the Infiniti with everything I'd need to clean the house. I had everything timed so I'd be able to stop at the bank right at 9 when they opened to pick up the check for my portion of the down payment. Naturally, the car wouldn't start. I knew it wasn't out of gas and I hadn't driven it since Tuesday when I went to yoga so I had no idea what the problem was. After trying a few times and it still not starting, I realized I'd have to take the Park Power car. I didn't have time to move all of the cleaning products from one car to the other (in the end I actually did have time, but I didn't know it then) so I knew I'd have to come back after closing to get them (annoying.) I was proud of myself, because instead of freaking out and letting it ruin my morning, I decided to say to myself "no big deal, thank God you have another car, you're BUYING A HOUSE TODAY!" and went on my way.
* the teller at the bank waiving the bank check fee for me and wishing me good luck with our new home.
* everything going smoothly at closing, even though it took a little longer than expected. It felt so weird to be given the keys and house documents. I still can't believe this house is still ours!

THE papers, all signed. We're homeowners!
* having lunch with Cat at Plaza Azteca. I was pretty excited to see there is one so close to our new house. We initially went to the a little café but their menu was less than exciting and when I mentioned how good Plaza Azteca is, Cat said let's go there. We shared the tableside guac (sooo good) and had a nice time talking about all kinds of things.
* the voicemail Mom left me today- I'll save it forever.
* all of the congratulations from family & friends via email, phone messages, texts and Facebook messages/comments.
* talking to Mom, Dad and Mrs. Roth while driving to/from Conshe to get the cleaning stuff. It was so excited to talk to them and tell them we are officially homeowners.
* pulling into the garage, and walking into the house for the first time. Andy was here this morning for the final walk through but I was at the bank so I missed it. The feeling was so overwhelming---I had a rush of energy come over me and just couldn't believe this is ours. All of the hard work and saving money and living with parents and moving from place to place landed us here. In an amazing house that we'll have for years and years. I couldn't help it, the tears started falling and looked around in amazement. I plan on writing about the whole experience from start to finish once I can sit down and concentrate for more than 5 minutes on it. This is what I wrote on Facebook as I was standing in the middle of our empty kitchen, it summarizes how I was feeling exactly.
"I remember when I drove off the lot in my brand new Honda Civic almost 10 years ago. I was listening to David Gray and there were tears because I couldn't believe I bought a brand new car all by myself. Just now, I pulled into the garage and walked into our new home. Tears again...I can't believe we did this together Andrew Roth. So many years of hard work and saving and now we have this amazing place to call our own. I can't wait to share it with our family and friends and I am so thankful for everyone who has helped us get to where we are today. Wow, just wow..."
 * getting the whole house vacuumed and most of the cabinets cleaned out this afternoon. By the time Andy got here I was done. Too tired to do anymore, especially knowing there's still so much to do at the house in Conshe.
* picking up a pizza from Sal's Pizza Box in Gateway Shopping Center. I thought it was really good, wish I had known about them during the 4 years we lived in King of Prussia!
* the quote Debbie sent a few of us today who are helping a family in need at her school.
"Helping others helps you, at the very deepest level. Giving real value serves to create real value in your own life. By providing encouragement, you receive encouragement. When you teach, you learn.
Each day is rich with opportunities for you to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you. And it is through genuinely enriching the lives of others that you find true richness in your own.
Right here, right now, there is a beautiful way to give of yourself, and to make the world a better place. Choose to do so, and immediately feel the benefits begin to manifest. You have the chance today to change lives for the better. It’s difficult to imagine anything that could be more fulfilling than that. Reach out, give a hand, make a difference, and offer a kindness. The lives you lift will most certainly include your own."
* thinking of Grandpa today, his 84th birthday. It felt funny not seeing him this year for his birthday since we're not in Holden Beach. First time in many, many years. I called and left a message but didn't get to talk to him.
* Andy figuring out what was wrong with the Infiniti- it was some safety feature that was activated. I'm just glad it's not going to cost us money to get it fixed!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment