Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* meeting with Chet to clarify some things we discussed yesterday. 
* getting through the work day in one piece today- I am very overwhelmed and nervous about the changes that have occurred over the last few weeks. I feel uncertain about what my new roles & responsibilities are. It is all new to me and I am really trying to tell myself it's a chance to learn and grow. It's accepting I need to move beyond my comfort zone and that doesn't come easy for me. But I am going to try, give it my all, and do everything I can to make it work. 
* Gary letting me leave the office at 2:30. It was weird working on New Year's Eve (I've never worked on NYE!) so it was nice to be able to leave early. 
* having a few hours to relax in KOP before leaving for the city. Andy got out of work early too so we met at the house and drove from there to Philly. 
* deciding to take Andy's mom to see "Elf" at the Walnut Street Theater. We started out by going to Barrymore's Cafe, located in the basement of the theater. They served the wine/beer in sippy cups which made us laugh. We hung out there for about 45 minutes until it was time to take our seats. We had the last row which at first, I was worried about. The theater only seats 1,100 people so even in the last row we could see great. The theater is beautiful and the show was excellent. There were just enough funny one-liners to make you laugh yet it wasn't cheesy. All three of us loved the show and we all said we'd love to go back. 
* making it home in time to see the ball drop at midnight. We walked in the door with 47 seconds to go. It was a different NYE for sure, not really partying and going to bed shortly after ringing in the new year. I had stomach pains again so I had no desire to drink anything when we got home. Thankfully the heating pad helped immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment