Saturday, January 11, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* spending time this morning organizing the pantry (yes, again.) I'm determined to make it functional so I know what we have, what needs to be used, etc. 

* our trip to Lowe's and Target. I found a great expandable shelf and wish I bought a few more. I used the one I bought today for all of the cooking wines, vinegars, dressings, oils, salsas etc. in the pantry. I'm going to get another one for spices and another for canned goods. It's great because this way I can actually see where things are! 
You know you're old when you're excited about this shelf!


* working on the kitchen and pantry some more when we got home. 
* Andy setting up the computer and monitors on the desk in the office. It's really coming along! I really love how the books look on the shelves---now I just have to start reading books again!


 The desk with dual monitors, some artwork for the office, pretty bookshelves. 

* ordering a few things online that we've been wanting---an aluminum pizza peel for Andy and a Le Creuset Mortar & Pestle set and Rachel Ray Carrier for me. I'm so excited for another beautiful Le Creuset piece to add to my collection. 

You can never have too many tools in the kitchen!
* getting the work done I had to take home with me this afternoon. I didn't want to have to worry about it tomorrow. 
* deciding to do pizza for dinner- I just didn't feel like spending an hour making dinner tonight and we didn't have anything easy and quick. I love that we have an excellent pizza place nearby!
* spending a few hours making mailing labels for the postcards I ordered and updating my contacts. I have so many outdated mailing addresses so hopefully now they'll all be up to date. I also chatted with a few friends on Facebook who I haven't spoken with in a while when I asked for their addresses. 
* reading my friend Sarah's blog. It really spoke to me because she talked about falling off with her eating and exercise. She committed to making better choices for 90 days and tracked it all in her planner and on My Fitness Pal. I haven't been able to stay committed to any kind of on-line tracking program but I am going to try to plan my exercise and meals daily in my new planner. I like that it has one page for each day so there is plenty of space for those things in addition to TO DO lists and notes from meetings, etc. 
* deciding that tomorrow is my New Year. I've had a list of goals written since January 2nd---I really haven't focused on or achieved any of them. They've been on my mind but haven't been put into action. I know I have to stop talking about them and thinking about them and start doing them! I am a fan of fresh starts, feeling like there is a reason for a new beginning. But really, every day is a new beginning. For me, tomorrow is the start of a new week. It's also 30 days before my birthday---I'd like to see what I can accomplish on that list of goals between now and then. So even though we're almost two weeks in, it's Happy New Year to me tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Christine you are too sweet. I know you will be able to have a happy and healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete