Saturday, January 25, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* getting to Kelley's baby shower safely. I am soooo over this whole "it snows every freaking day" thing. I don't know if it's getting older, or my scare last month while driving in the snow, but I am petrified of driving now when it's snowing. I grip the wheel and picture myself sliding off the road into a tree or pole. I was never able to understand why people flip out about driving in the snow, but after having a scare like I had, I completely get it now.
* Liz making room for me to sit with her and Jess. I didn't really know anyone and I was a half hour late because I had to drive 20 mph the whole way. I had such a good time catching up with Liz. Every time I see her I think we really need to hang out and then we never do. Talking with their friend Jess was great too, she was so sweet and easy to talk to. I had a really nice time and Kelley looks amazing!
The momma-to-be and me at her DaVinci's Pub
* the roads being much better for my drive home. Getting out of Collegeville was pretty shitty but as soon as I got on the main part of 113 I felt ok about driving.
* picking up a bunch of produce from Produce Junction. I've written about that place a lot over the years, but I still find myself in awe. It's amazing to me that I can go there and get fruits and veggies for half (or even less) the price than the grocery store.
* deciding to stay home tonight. I was worried about the roads and just wasn't feeling up to going to Gary & Gail's again. I really just wanted to stay home and chill out and hang with Andy. I feel like I have no time to do anything and am very stressed about everything that has changed at work. It's so hard for me to say "no" when I know it's the best thing for me. As I get older, I'm trying to let myself be ok with not doing everything all of the time. Especially when I can ask myself, "will ______ really miss me, does it really matter to them if I am there or not?" I don't know if it's a female thing or a personality type thing, but I've always had a hard time with this.
* talking with Mom for a while tonight. I was literally thinking about her the moment she called me. I filled her in on everything that's been going on and felt better after talking to her. I think we're going to go to their house for the Super Bowl next weekend.
* reading a few blogs written by friends of mine. It reinforced my desire to start writing topical posts more often. Now that the office is set up I'm hoping to find a time each week to write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment