Monday, February 24, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* meeting with Ed to discuss the possibility of me becoming the sales manager of the Suburban Life team. I think it would be a great challenge for me and would make things a little more exciting than just plain old selling. At the same time, the drive would be over an hour each way and I'd be required to spend most of my time in the office. The pressure would be crazy in the beginning because of the immense amount of improvement needed, and most of my compensation would be based on year over year sales. Deep down I think I already know it's not what I am looking for, but it did mean a lot to me that Ed even considered me for the job. 
* the lady helping me out at Philly Pretzel Factory with putting a tray together for my AmTrust drop off visit today. I didn't know you are supposed to call 24 hrs. in advance for trays. 
* a quick slice of pizza at Tony A's for lunch. We don't have Tony A's near us in Exton. 
* spending the afternoon at Princeton Market Fair after dropping off the pretzel tray to AmTrust. I spent time in Barnes & Noble and Starbucks doing work for ICORP. I treated myself to a skinny vanilla latte and browsed around the cookbooks too. I had to stop in Williams-Sonoma to look around and picked up herb containers for the freezer. Not sure if they'll work any better than freezing herbs in ice cube trays but I'll give it a shot. 
* Jenn B. sending me feedback on my resume and helping me with formatting, content, etc. 
* going to Nay's dad's viewing tonight. As soon as I found at about his passing I started thinking about when Andy's dad died. I was reminded of how much it meant to see friends' faces, even if it was just for a few minutes. I decided I wasn't going to stay the whole time because I did not know him and felt there would be a lot of people there trying to talk to her. It's overwhelming especially when people are introducing themselves to you and saying things like "I haven't seen you since you were a baby". I just wanted her to know I was thinking about her and shower her my love and friendship. It makes me so sad to think there will be many more of these as we get older. 
* stopping by Kerry's on my way home. We ended up just staying at her house talking, had a glass of wine, and she cooked up some brussels sprouts for me since I hadn't eaten dinner. I do wish she lived closer, I love how we can talk about anything and everything and it never feels like we have enough time together. She is going to help me find a piece of furniture for the foyer. She amazes me how she has such vision and knowledge about painting furniture!


No comments:

Post a Comment