Friday, March 7, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* finding the Kodaline album on iTunes for $6.99. I downloaded it and put it on my phone this morning. 
* an awesome massage at The Face & Body Spa. It was so nice there! I really could go for a massage everyday if money was no object. I loved the oils and hot cloths they used, and the heated bed too! 
* a great meeting with Steve & Lonnie. I learned a lot about their business and think it may be a really good opportunity for me. 
* grabbing a slice of pizza from Tony A's for lunch (at 3:00!) I remembered while I was there I had an email for a "free birthday pizza" so I ordered that to go. 
* chatting with Katie for a while tonight on Gchat. It was so good to catch up with her. Like so many other friends, I wish she lived closer. 
* a new recipe coming out great tonight! I made a braised sirloin with onions, garlic, red wine, mushrooms and beef broth. I also made brussels sprouts with bacon and onions. Oh my God, they were amazing!! To finish off the meal I made mashed potatoes. I love trying out new recipes, especially when I make them up myself and they come out well. 
* watching several episodes of Damages and drinking some wine tonight. It was nice to relax and watch our show. 
* finding a posting on Craigslist for a Food Saver. $45 and it's brand new! I'm supposed to meet the lady tomorrow. 
* Facebook. I know that sounds really weird, but today, through Facebook, I found out a friend of mine from college is really sick. She has brain cancer. She is the mom of two young boys and a wife. I felt heartbroken when I read her post on Facebook telling her whole world this news. I haven't seen her since college, but it doesn't really matter. For whatever the reason, we lost touch. It's impossible to keep in touch with everyone, but it doesn't mean I don't want to do anything I can to help her. She is having surgery on Tuesday. She does not know what is going to happen. I didn't even respond to the post today because I did not know what to write. How do you respond to something like that? I've talked about cancer being one of my greatest fears, and can't imagine how hard this is for her to go through, no matter how much support she has. But you know what, the 150+ people who replied to her post, and I'm sure many others who have sent her a private message (which is what I am going to do), will help her. Those messages will give her support and love and let her know that people close to her, but even people who maybe aren't so close to her, are wanting to help. Uh, I'm tearing up just writing this, I am so, so sad for her. 

1 comment: